Medicaid Nutrition Plans
We've worked with Medicaid populations nationwide, making eating well affordable and accessible, to improve food insecurity and create lasting change in communities.
Medicaid Impact Report
We investigated Foodsmart’s impact on dietary behavior, weight loss, and food insecurity status in the Medicaid/Medicare population among CDPHP and Independent Health members.
Foodsmart is a product members love, as evidenced by our NPS of 86, that helps retain and grow your Medicaid population.
42% of food insecure members become food secure in 6 months.
Members save ~34% on each grocery order and save up to 2 hours each week on meal planning and buying groceries.
How it works
Meet with a registered dietitian via telehealth
Members work with a dietitian to define health goals and create a personalized plan. Dietitians assess food insecurity status and get eligible members enrolled in SNAP. Then, members get set up on our mobile and web-based app so they have day-to-day support.
Create personalized meal plan
Members choose from thousands of recipes based on the dietary restrictions, preferences, and budget for themselves and their families. They, they create a meal plan and transfer ingredients to their grocery cart.
Deliver food right to your door
Members can order groceries for pickup or delivery directly in the app - Walmart, Amazon Fresh, or Instacart. If they're short on time? They can grab food from a local restaurant with Grubhub and use the "avocado" icon to find healthy options. Members can also access medically tailored meals.
With regular check-in's with a registered dietitian, members stay on track and adjust as they go to maximize results.
Member Enrollment & Engagement
We know enrolling and engaging with Medicaid members can be difficult. Foodsmart’s marketing team partners with Medicaid plans to do the heavy lifting where we develop a customized marketing strategy, including in-person fliers with food discounts, outbound calls leveraging existing systems such as IVR and SMS texting (where allowed), community food bank engagement, and more. Plus, we share this contact information with you to help you improve your other marketing efforts.
Medicaid MCO RFP Template
We've put together everything you need to kick start your process in tackling Food Insecurity and Health Equity in your upcoming bids.
- Expert nutrition guidance from a national network of Registered Dietitians
- Nutrition assessment (NutriQuiz®) based on National Institute of Health and USDA to identify food insecurity and nutrition deficiencies
- Guided SNAP enrollment and SNAP integrated grocery ordering
- Customized meal planning and recipes for your members and their families based on dietary preferences
- Grocery price comparison tool, leading to consistent savings on grocery orders
- CookItNow feature so members can save money by cooking recipes with ingredients they already have
- Grocery delivery with integrated partners like Walmart, Amazon Fresh, and Instacart
- Restaurant menu guidance, delivery and takeout ordering with Grubhub
Interested? Let's chat.
We're happy to answer any questions and give you more information about how we may be able to support your population!