Foodsmart’s Nutrition Essentials are the foundation — the North Star — of healthy eating. They’re based on the idea that our bodies do better with real, wholesome,...
At Foodsmart, we believe ‘food as medicine’ is critical in bettering the overall wellbeing of our communities across the country. We do this by reducing barriers like the affordability of healthy foods and educating consumers on smarter nutrition choices through our telenutrition assessments, both topics where Foodsmart leads the telehealth industry. That is why Advocate Aurora Health has agreed to back our mission by leading a $25M+ investment.
This strategic investment is the first by their new non-profit investment arm, Advocate Aurora Enterprises, as they work toward their goal to become a single source for all healthcare needs.
"Healthy habits are built in people's homes and, increasingly, on their phones. Our investment in Foodsmart reflects this whole-person health approach by enabling people to take greater control of their wellness on their own terms." - Advocate Aurora Health President and CEO Jim Skogsbergh
Don’t take our word for it… check out these great press releases from national publications:
- Becker Hospital Review | Advocate Aurora's new investment arm joins $25M funding round for telenutrition platform
- MedCity News | Advocate Aurora’s new investment arm to focus on aging, parenthood, wellbeing
- Business Insider | Advocate Aurora powers personalized telenutrition platform Foodsmart to $25M+ Series C round
- San Francisco Business Times | San Francisco 'eating well' firm Foodsmart lands $25M
- VCBay | Personalized telenutrition and foodcare network Foodsmart raises US$ 25+
- Cran's Chicago Business | Advocate Aurora launches investment arm
- Milwaukee Business Journals | Advocate Aurora launches investment subsidiary, invests in 'eating well' firm
- The Spoon | Telenutrition Platform Foodsmart Raises $25M
- Advocate Aurora Health | Advocate Aurora powers personalized telenutrition platform Foodsmart to $25M+ Series C round