Thinking about going meatless at least one day a week? You’re in for a treat! Plants are bursting with enough flavor, nutrition and versatility to build satisfying,...
Whether you’re back at the office or busy at home, squeezing in a healthy lunch between back-to-back meetings or endless to-dos can be a challenging task. Before you reach for the takeout menu, here are some easy meals you can prepare ahead of time — or in no time!
- Easy Niçoise Salad: Did you know that just 3 ounces of tuna packs close to 50% of the recommended daily level of vitamin D? Made with egg slices, olives, and lots of colorful veggies, this Easy Niçoise Salad is as beautiful as it is delicious.
- Easy Avocado Chicken Salad: Combine all ingredients and cover. Sound easy enough? Avocados are rich in nutrients, high in fiber, and help protect against chronic disease. Spread it over whole grain toast, fold it into a lettuce wrap, or scoop it into an avocado shell for an extra special presentation.
- Easy Vegan Chili: Whip up this easy vegan chili for a healthy lunch you can enjoy all week long. With 22 grams of protein and 19 grams of fiber, it’ll keep you satisfied and energized until your next meal. To add a little color, top with feta, cilantro, fresh corn, or sliced avocado.
- Easy Miso-Chicken Ramen: Sure, prepackaged instant ramen noodle bowls are easy, but they’re also high in sodium, fat, and preservatives. With a whopping 66 milligrams of vitamin C, this Easy Miso-Chicken Ramen recipe comes together in just 30 minutes but will last a year or more in your fridge — seriously!
- Easy High-Protein Tofu Scramble: Eggs for lunch? Dinner? When you taste this dish, absolutely! Tofu and black beans boost the protein and fiber content, and savory spices give it a nice kick. The great thing is that you can serve it on toast, with tortillas, or over a bowl of brown rice — but it’s so tasty, you might just want to eat it as is.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan: An easy meal the whole family will love (but make extra so you can enjoy leftovers the next day)! Bonus —make the tomato sauce from scratch ahead of time so you can cut down on salt, sugar, and fat and know exactly what you’re eating.
- Easy Baked Chicken Tenders: Who needs all the fat and grease of fast food when you can whip up these Easy Baked Chicken Tenders fast! Freeze them in a plastic resealable bag and reheat when you want a quick lunch or app for your next get-together.
- Easy Salmon Rice Bowl: Talk about flavor! This Easy Salmon Rice Bowl is as amazing as it looks, and it’s packed with protein and fiber. Try to shop for wild-caught Alaskan salmon, which is low in contaminants and contains more than 1,500 milligrams of omega-3s per serving.
- Easy Tomato Soup: While tomatoes are low in calories, they’re also rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which help prevent cancer and improve heart health. This Easy Tomato Soup uses canned tomatoes rather than sauce (to cut down on sugar and sodium). And at only 194 calories per serving, it can help you feel full for hours.
PRO TIP: Planning and prepping your food ahead of time will make it easier to reach for a healthy meal when you're busy during the day!