Kitchen tools make great holiday gifts because they can save your loved ones lots of time and they make cooking more fun. Here are 10 great kitchen gifts under $30 that...
The holiday season is right around the corner; have you already started your list? While you're browsing the web or in-store, consider giving the best gift of all - good health! Healthy kitchen gifts are ones that keep on giving. A simple tool can help your friends and family jumpstart their New Year with healthy habits, introduce them to a new cooking skill, get them excited about meal prep, or even help them pack a healthy lunch for work every day. Check out these 8 affordable kitchen additions that make perfect gifts for your loved ones!
- Herb & Microgreen growing kits - These popular growing kits are easy and fun, even for kids. They encourage healthful eating and help people learn simple indoor gardening techniques. Also, herbs boost flavor and nutrition in many dishes. Microgreen and other leafy green growing kits are perfect for winter months when nutritious veggies are not in season. Hamama, AeroGarden, GrowLED, and Planter’s Choice are a few brands to search for.
- Flavored oil and vinegar - Give the gift of tasty food with oil and vinegar. You can use it in almost any meal, from salad dressings to baked goods. Great combinations include garlic oil with strawberry balsamic vinegar, sesame oil with honey ginger vinegar, or Tuscan herb oil with lemon vinegar. Check out your local cooking stores or search online for the perfect pairing.
- Food choppers - Make meal prep manageable for your loved ones. Spending hours chopping, slicing, and dicing can be a real drag. There are plenty of options including garlic mincers, veggie spiralizers, garlic presses, or manual and electric food choppers. Some choppers, such as The Fullstar Vegetable Slicer, have an abundant list of easy food prep options including juicing, mincing, dicing, chopping, slicing, grating, and spiralizing.
- Reusable lunch bag - Perfect for any age, a reusable lunch bag will help everyone pack healthy foods from home. There are many inventive options to choose from. Refrigerated bags, bento boxes, or a simple lunch pail with their favorite cartoon character are some of the many options to choose from. Working and learning from home? Fill the compartments in this sleek, stainless steel lunch box/bento hybrid from Planet Box for a healthy, grab and go lunch between Zooms.
- A 2.0 Water bottle - Drinking water is so important. The easiest way to achieve this healthy habit is to carry around a water bottle. What better gift than a high-quality water bottle? Unique ideas include “Smart” bluetooth, fruit infusing, and stainless steel water bottles.
- Fruit slicers - Have you ever wished there was an easier way to slice pineapple or watermelon? Or any other delicious fruit with a hard rind? Gift someone a helpful fruit cutting tool. There are many options, including melon or pineapple corer and peelers, coconut opener tool sets, and even avocado or banana slicers.
- Veggie peelers - This simple gift is often inexpensive and makes a great stocking stuffer. A julienne peeler, for example, perfectly shreds vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, or squash and can be easily tossed into salads, stir-fry, or even oatmeal.
- Dehydrator - A dehydrator is a great way to create healthy snacks, reduce food waste, and save money. Cost ranges from $30-200, depending on size and functionality. We like this countertop model for around $60. It’s perfect for making dried fruits, veggies, meats, or even your own dried herbs and spices. Your friends will enjoy this produce-saving treat!