Want to optimize your life in the new year? Start here with our two-week challenge to eat two cups of vegetables every day. This is an easy place to start if radically changing your diet seems like a daunting prospect. Veggies are undeniably good for us and getting in this amount is easier than you think.
Take Small Steps to Reach Bigger Goals
Take a minute to rummage through your kitchen and pull out a one-cup measuring scoop to use as a reference point during the next two weeks. You may be surprised by how quickly you can fill a cup with veggies.
Benefits of Veggies (to name a few):
- The fiber in veggies helps keep you feeling full after meals and keeps the digestive tract moving smoothly.
- Veggies are full of vitamins, which are necessary in keeping our bodies functioning properly and optimally.
- Antioxidant-rich veggies help protect against cell damage.
- Phytonutrients found in vegetables help protect against disease and keep your body functioning properly.
- Low-calorie non-starchy veggies provide a lot of benefits without stressing the waistline.
- The variety of veggies is endless with hundreds of shapes, colors, textures, flavors and ways to prepare them.
- The majority of folks can tolerate most veggies. Vegetables do not typically contain allergens or create a sensitivity in individuals.